Aug 23, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals look to make it three in a row tonight against the D'backs.
And so there will be baseball tonight on South Capitol Street, albeit slightly delayed. After engineers determined Nationals Park sustained no structural damage from this afternoon's 5.9 magnitude earthquake, the club announced its game against the Diamondbacks would start at 7:25 p.m. Anyone who had tickets and decided not to attend may exchange them for seats of equal or lesser value to any future home game in 2011.
As for the actual game tonight, Jordan Zimmermann makes his penultimate start of the season, his innings count sitting at 150 2/3 at the moment. He'll be opposed by right-hander Ian Kennedy, a 15-game winner and breakout hurler for Arizona this season.
Plenty of updates to come, and check the homepage later for highlights from the press conference to introduce draft picks Anthony Rendon, Alex Meyer and Brian Goodwin…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place