Aug 23, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals look to make it three in a row tonight against the D'backs.
And so there will be baseball tonight on South Capitol Street, albeit slightly delayed. After engineers determined Nationals Park sustained no structural damage from this afternoon's 5.9 magnitude earthquake, the club announced its game against the Diamondbacks would start at 7:25 p.m. Anyone who had tickets and decided not to attend may exchange them for seats of equal or lesser value to any future home game in 2011.
As for the actual game tonight, Jordan Zimmermann makes his penultimate start of the season, his innings count sitting at 150 2/3 at the moment. He'll be opposed by right-hander Ian Kennedy, a 15-game winner and breakout hurler for Arizona this season.
Plenty of updates to come, and check the homepage later for highlights from the press conference to introduce draft picks Anthony Rendon, Alex Meyer and Brian Goodwin…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera