Aug 23, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals look to make it three in a row tonight against the D'backs.
And so there will be baseball tonight on South Capitol Street, albeit slightly delayed. After engineers determined Nationals Park sustained no structural damage from this afternoon's 5.9 magnitude earthquake, the club announced its game against the Diamondbacks would start at 7:25 p.m. Anyone who had tickets and decided not to attend may exchange them for seats of equal or lesser value to any future home game in 2011.
As for the actual game tonight, Jordan Zimmermann makes his penultimate start of the season, his innings count sitting at 150 2/3 at the moment. He'll be opposed by right-hander Ian Kennedy, a 15-game winner and breakout hurler for Arizona this season.
Plenty of updates to come, and check the homepage later for highlights from the press conference to introduce draft picks Anthony Rendon, Alex Meyer and Brian Goodwin…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Mostly sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera