Aug 24, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Daniel Hudson tonight at Nationals Park.
Jayson Werth is not in the Nationals' starting lineup tonight after straining his hip and/or groin tracking down a ball in right field last night. Werth didn't believe the injury was anything serious after the game, but Davey Johnson suggested he might take the cautious route and give the veteran a game off to rest.
With Werth out of the lineup, Laynce Nix slides over to right field, with Jonny Gomes starting in left field. The rest of the lineup looks familiar for a Nats squad that has been going with mostly the status quo for a while now.
Livan Hernandez gets the start against fellow right-hander Daniel Hudson. Hudson's name, you'll recall, came up last summer when Mike Rizzo was talking with the White Sox about a deal for Adam Dunn. Hudson wound up going to Arizona in the Edwin Jackson deal, and he's proceeded to post a solid season for the NL West-leading Diamondbacks (12-9, 3.83 ERA).
Updates to come…
DIAMONDBACKS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Partly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job