Aug 24, 2011, 1:50 AM EDT
Associated Press photo
Alex Meyer meets fellow draft picks Anthony Rendon and Brian Goodwin.
The Nationals introduced their top three draft picks this evening shortly before the start of the game. Third baseman Anthony Rendon, right-hander Alex Meyer and outfielder Brian Goodwin all donned their Nationals jerseys (Rendon wearing No. 23, Meyer No. 17 and Goodwin No. 24).
Scott Boras, who serves as agent for all three players, also appeared and had perhaps the best line of the press conference, as you'll read below.
Here are some of the highlights…
"I first want to thank Mark [Lerner]. I told Mark, being from California, to come here and the hospitality we receive here by having an earthquake to make us feel at home … I don't know how the Lerners do it. They go out of their way."
On a possible position switch if Ryan Zimmerman remains at third base: "Yeah, I'm always willing to make a position switch. I just want to be in the lineup, to get the opportunity. But my position here is toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week