Aug 24, 2011, 1:50 AM EST
Associated Press photo
Alex Meyer meets fellow draft picks Anthony Rendon and Brian Goodwin.
The Nationals introduced their top three draft picks this evening shortly before the start of the game. Third baseman Anthony Rendon, right-hander Alex Meyer and outfielder Brian Goodwin all donned their Nationals jerseys (Rendon wearing No. 23, Meyer No. 17 and Goodwin No. 24).
Scott Boras, who serves as agent for all three players, also appeared and had perhaps the best line of the press conference, as you'll read below.
Here are some of the highlights…
"I first want to thank Mark [Lerner]. I told Mark, being from California, to come here and the hospitality we receive here by having an earthquake to make us feel at home … I don't know how the Lerners do it. They go out of their way."
On a possible position switch if Ryan Zimmerman remains at third base: "Yeah, I'm always willing to make a position switch. I just want to be in the lineup, to get the opportunity. But my position here is toRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'