Aug 24, 2011, 3:45 AM EST
Werth believes he hurt himself tracking down Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy's fifth-inning single to right. He remained in the game until the ninth inning, when Brian Bixler replaced him in right field.
"It could just be like a muscle spasm," Werth said. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow. It's real mild. I don't think it should be a big deal."
The Nationals gave conflicting information on the precise nature of the injury. Manager Davey Johnson initially said Werth "tweaked his hip." A club spokesman then told reporters the injury was actually to Werth's groin. The right fielder later referred to it both as a "hipRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B