Aug 24, 2011, 3:45 AM EDT
Werth believes he hurt himself tracking down Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy's fifth-inning single to right. He remained in the game until the ninth inning, when Brian Bixler replaced him in right field.
"It could just be like a muscle spasm," Werth said. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow. It's real mild. I don't think it should be a big deal."
The Nationals gave conflicting information on the precise nature of the injury. Manager Davey Johnson initially said Werth "tweaked his hip." A club spokesman then told reporters the injury was actually to Werth's groin. The right fielder later referred to it both as a "hipRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader
- Nats miffed at Phillies over postponed game
- Harper, Escobar, Span all out of Nats lineup again