Aug 24, 2011, 3:45 AM EDT
Werth believes he hurt himself tracking down Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy's fifth-inning single to right. He remained in the game until the ninth inning, when Brian Bixler replaced him in right field.
"It could just be like a muscle spasm," Werth said. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow. It's real mild. I don't think it should be a big deal."
The Nationals gave conflicting information on the precise nature of the injury. Manager Davey Johnson initially said Werth "tweaked his hip." A club spokesman then told reporters the injury was actually to Werth's groin. The right fielder later referred to it both as a "hipRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss