Aug 24, 2011, 3:45 AM EST
Werth believes he hurt himself tracking down Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy's fifth-inning single to right. He remained in the game until the ninth inning, when Brian Bixler replaced him in right field.
"It could just be like a muscle spasm," Werth said. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow. It's real mild. I don't think it should be a big deal."
The Nationals gave conflicting information on the precise nature of the injury. Manager Davey Johnson initially said Werth "tweaked his hip." A club spokesman then told reporters the injury was actually to Werth's groin. The right fielder later referred to it both as a "hipRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?