Aug 24, 2011, 3:45 AM EDT
Werth believes he hurt himself tracking down Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy's fifth-inning single to right. He remained in the game until the ninth inning, when Brian Bixler replaced him in right field.
"It could just be like a muscle spasm," Werth said. "We'll see how it feels tomorrow. It's real mild. I don't think it should be a big deal."
The Nationals gave conflicting information on the precise nature of the injury. Manager Davey Johnson initially said Werth "tweaked his hip." A club spokesman then told reporters the injury was actually to Werth's groin. The right fielder later referred to it both as a "hipRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove