Aug 26, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open a three-game series tonight at Great American Ball Park.
After three straight losses to the Diamondbacks in which they scored a total of only three runs, the Nationals hit the road tonight for the start of a six-game trip through Cincinnati and Atlanta. They'll hope to rediscover their offense in cozy Great American Ball Park, which boasts outfield dimensions roughly comparable to those at the Little League World Series in Williamsport.
With left-hander Dontrelle Willis on the mound for the Reds tonight, Davey Johnson has stacked his lineup with nothing but right-handed hitters. Brian Bixler is again in center field, with Jonny Gomes in left field.
Chien-Ming Wang starts for the Nats, facing the same Cincinnati club he beat 10 days ago and hoping to again make batters swing and miss at his offspeed stuff the way he did five days ago against the Phillies.
I'm not on this road trip, so please enjoy the conversation as always among yourselves…
NATIONALS at REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Sunny, 81 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Brian Bixler
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to start new winning streak today
- The Baseball Show: LaRoche and Cabrera are August standouts
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill