Aug 26, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Sunday, 1:10 p.m. — RHP Jordan Zimmermann (8-11, 3.10) vs. RHP Johnny Cueto (9-5, 2.03)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
Amid worries about Hurricane Irene affecting the entire East Coast, the Reds wound up playing a doubleheader at Florida on Wednesday, giving them a chance to leave town early and enjoy an off-day at home Thursday. Cincinnati split the twinbill, dropping the opener 6-5 before hanging on to win the finale 3-2.
Joey Votto was front-and-center during the doubleheader, going a combined 5-for-7 with two homers and four RBI to extend his recent surge at the plate. The reigning NL MVP is beginning to thrust himself back into the discussion for this year's award. He now leads the league in both on-base percentage (.441) and OPS (.992), to go along with a .328 average, 24 homers and 84 RBI.
The Reds send Dontrelle Willis to the mound for tonight's series opener. It's been a long, strange ride for the left-hander, who burst onto the scene as a dynamic young star for the Marlins duringRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'