Aug 26, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:10 p.m. — RHP Jordan Zimmermann (8-11, 3.10) vs. RHP Johnny Cueto (9-5, 2.03)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
Amid worries about Hurricane Irene affecting the entire East Coast, the Reds wound up playing a doubleheader at Florida on Wednesday, giving them a chance to leave town early and enjoy an off-day at home Thursday. Cincinnati split the twinbill, dropping the opener 6-5 before hanging on to win the finale 3-2.
Joey Votto was front-and-center during the doubleheader, going a combined 5-for-7 with two homers and four RBI to extend his recent surge at the plate. The reigning NL MVP is beginning to thrust himself back into the discussion for this year's award. He now leads the league in both on-base percentage (.441) and OPS (.992), to go along with a .328 average, 24 homers and 84 RBI.
The Reds send Dontrelle Willis to the mound for tonight's series opener. It's been a long, strange ride for the left-hander, who burst onto the scene as a dynamic young star for the Marlins duringRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win