Aug 30, 2011, 4:27 AM EDT
Photo by one proud father
You know, when I mentioned yesterday that Mrs. Z and I were awaiting the birth of our son sometime in the next two weeks, I honestly didn't think the wait would barely surpass six hours. But Mother Nature — or, I suppose in this case, a very cautious (and extremely talented) OBGYN — has a funny way of doing business.
Sure enough, "Baby Z" decided eight months in the womb was enough for him. Like I speculated, the kid just really wanted to be here in time for Stephen Strasburg's return. And he is.
I'm thrilled to announce that Brian Leonard Zuckerman was born at 12:13 p.m. Monday, five weeks early but still checking in at an impressive 6 pounds, 9 ounces. Both Brian and my wife, Rachel, are doing great. He appears to be fully developed and 100 percent healthy. And based on the first day of his life, he appears to be an incredibly well-behaved child. (Yes, I know that's not going to last long!) Rachel, meanwhile, is recovering well from her C-section, and we should all be able to go home together as one happy family in a couple of days.
Now, I know you're all trying to figure out where we came up with Brian Leonard. No, it's not some weird homage to legendary Nationals Brian Bruney and Lenny Harris. And it's not in honor of Brian LawrenceRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs