Sep 1, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's the rubber game of the series at Turner Field tonight.
Though the Braves are near-locks to reach the postseason as the NL's wild card for the second straight season, they've had a devil of a time dealing with the Nationals this year. The two teams have split their first 14 games this season, and with a victory tonight, the Nats would finish 2011 with a 5-4 record at Turner Field.
Chien-Ming Wang will be on the mound, facing a repeat opponent for the first time. The Braves got to him for six runs (only two earned) over five innings on Aug. 3, but he's made significant progress since then. Longtime nemesis Tim Hudson (12-3, 1.97 ERA in his career vs. the franchise) starts for Atlanta.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to keep an eye on Harrisburg, where Stephen Strasburg tonight makes his final rehab start in preparation for Tuesday's return to the big leagues…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015