Sep 4, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to take this weekend series from the Mets today at Nationals Park.
Livan Hernandez may not be the greatest pitcher in Washington Nationals history, but he's made the most starts in the club's brief history and he's certainly been the heart and soul of this team anytime he's been on the roster.
Today, though, Livo makes what is probably going to be his final start of this season (and perhaps his final start as a National). With Stephen Strasburg and Tom Milone joining the rotation, someone has to get bumped, and Hernandez will be that guy. Though there's mutual interest in returning next season, it might come only as a long reliever.
In other news, the Nats are going with another new look in the outfield today. Michael Morse has a rare day off, so Roger Bernadina will be in left field. Rick Ankiel is starting, but he's actually in right field for the first time with Jayson Werth in center field.
Enjoy the game…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: MASN, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to CF
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)