Sep 5, 2011, 2:54 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open a four-game series with the Dodgers today at Nationals Park.
After dropping two of three to the Mets over the weekend, the Nationals host the Dodgers this week, a four-game series that begins with a Labor Day matinee this afternoon … provided the weather holds up. The forecast looks OK until late-afternoon, at which point it's supposed to start raining and not stop until Friday. That could make things interesting, especially for Stephen Strasburg's scheduled return tomorrow.
First things first: John Lannan takes the mound this afternoon, looking to become the first nine-game winner on the Nationals' pitching staff this season (he, Jordan Zimmermann, Livan Hernandez and Jason Marquis all have eight wins at the moment).
Davey Johnson goes with what has become his standard lineup against Dodgers right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, including Jayson Werth in center field and Rick Ankiel in right field.
Enjoy your Labor Day at the ballpark or with family and friends. I hope to be reporting to you live from Nationals Park tomorrow for Strasburg's return…
DODGERS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Chance of storms, 80 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win