Sep 6, 2011, 7:25 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg will pitch tonight … if the game is played.
Hello from Nationals Park! Yes, it's been a while since I've said that. It's great to be back after nearly two weeks on paternity leave, though I have to say I'm surprised so much media has showed up for my big return. By the way, does anyone know who's pitching tonight?…
I kid, I kid. Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to make his 2011 debut against the Dodgers. But as you know, the weather here is awful. Been raining all day, and it's not supposed to stop until the end of the week. The above photo was taken when the tarp had just been removed, but it's since been re-placed over the infield.
I wish I could tell you right now whether the game will be played, when it will be played and what the Strasburg plan is for each various scenario. But I know nothing right now. None of us do. We're just going to have to wait and see.
I'll be sure to post any updates I can on here, so please check back. For more immediate updates, you can access my Twitter page…
DODGERS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Rain, 67 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly