Sep 6, 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
The attention today at Nationals Park may be centered on Stephen Strasburg, but Brad Peacock, Steve Lombardozzi and a bunch of other players promoted from Class AAA Syracuse deserve their moment in the sun … er, rain.
Peacock and Lombardozzi were among six players added to the active roster before tonight's scheduled game, joining right-handers Yunesky Maya and Craig Stammen, lefty Atahualpa Severino and outfielder Corey Brown.
Combined with five other players who were either called up or activated off the disabled list in the last week — Strasburg, Tom Milone, Roger Bernadina, Ivan Rodriguez and Doug Slaten — the Nationals actually have 36 active players at the moment, a staggeringly high number.
In fact, the only four players on the current 40-man roster who aren't actively in the big leagues are Ryan Mattheus (on the 15-day DL) and recent draft picks Bryce Harper, Anthony Rendon and Matt Purke.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats