Sep 7, 2011, 6:51 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The grounds crew at Nationals Park has been kept busy this week.
Updated at 5:46 p.m.
Tonight's game between the Nationals and Dodgers has now officially been postponed due to heavy rain and potential flooding in the area, general manager Mike Rizzo told reporters at Nationals Park.
The teams will play a traditional doubleheader tomorrow, beginning at 1:05 p.m. The second game will begin approximately 30 minutes after conclusion of the first game.
The status of tonight's contest had been up in the air for a few hours after both clubs originally agreed to a postponement, only to have Major League Baseball step in and request they attempt to play the game despite the threatening forecast.
The two clubs spoke early in the afternoon and agreed to a postponement and a doubleheader tomorrow beginning at 1:05 p.m. The Dodgers announced the news via their official Twitter account, and Nationals players posted on their personal accounts that the gameRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance