Sep 7, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The grounds crew at Nationals Park has been kept busy this week.
Updated at 5:46 p.m.
Tonight's game between the Nationals and Dodgers has now officially been postponed due to heavy rain and potential flooding in the area, general manager Mike Rizzo told reporters at Nationals Park.
The teams will play a traditional doubleheader tomorrow, beginning at 1:05 p.m. The second game will begin approximately 30 minutes after conclusion of the first game.
The status of tonight's contest had been up in the air for a few hours after both clubs originally agreed to a postponement, only to have Major League Baseball step in and request they attempt to play the game despite the threatening forecast.
The two clubs spoke early in the afternoon and agreed to a postponement and a doubleheader tomorrow beginning at 1:05 p.m. The Dodgers announced the news via their official Twitter account, and Nationals players posted on their personal accounts that the gameRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss