Sep 8, 2011, 3:26 AM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Dodgers square off in an old-fashioned doubleheader today.
Wet grounds last night forced the postponement of the Nationals' game against the Dodgers, so the two clubs will attempt to play two today the old-fashioned way: back-to-back. Yep, it'll be a traditional doubleheader. One ticket gets you into both games, with the nightcap beginning approximately 30 minutes after the first game ends.
Chien-Ming Wang, who was supposed to start last night, will pitch the opener for the Nationals. The Dodgers are starting Chad Billingsley for the first game.
I won't be at the park for this twinbill; taking Mrs. Z and baby Brian to the doctor for a follow-up appointment. But I'll be back on the beat full-time tomorrow. In the meantime, CSNwashington.com's Chase Hughes will take you through both of today's games, so please check back here for updates from him throughout…
DODGERS at NATIONALS – GAME 1
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Chance of storms, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Stephen Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure