Sep 8, 2011, 3:26 AM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Dodgers square off in an old-fashioned doubleheader today.
Wet grounds last night forced the postponement of the Nationals' game against the Dodgers, so the two clubs will attempt to play two today the old-fashioned way: back-to-back. Yep, it'll be a traditional doubleheader. One ticket gets you into both games, with the nightcap beginning approximately 30 minutes after the first game ends.
Chien-Ming Wang, who was supposed to start last night, will pitch the opener for the Nationals. The Dodgers are starting Chad Billingsley for the first game.
I won't be at the park for this twinbill; taking Mrs. Z and baby Brian to the doctor for a follow-up appointment. But I'll be back on the beat full-time tomorrow. In the meantime, CSNwashington.com's Chase Hughes will take you through both of today's games, so please check back here for updates from him throughout…
DODGERS at NATIONALS – GAME 1
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Chance of storms, 78 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Stephen Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles