Sep 8, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's Game 2 of today's doubleheader at Nationals Park.
UPDATE AT 7 P.M. — The second game of the double header will not be played today. A team spokesman said the game will only be rescheduled if it has playoff implications and is necessary. The Dodgers at this point are nine games back in the National League West which means the game will likely be cancelled altogether. If the Dodgers do mount a comeback and the game needs to be played, it will likely take place at the end of the season.
So it's on to the nightcap of this traditional doubleheader between the Nationals and Dodgers. Have to imagine Los Angeles' players will want to get through this one quickly, because they've got to catch a flight to San Francisco so they can open a weekend series with the Giants tomorrow night.
Ross Detwiler gets the ball for the Nationals. The left-hander was roughed up by the Mets last time out to the tune of six runs in three innings, so he'll be hoping to get himself back on track.
As you know, I'm not at the ballpark today. Chase Hughes will once again have updates throughout, so please check back here for his thoughts…
DODGERS at NATIONALS – GAME 2
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 5:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Chance of storms, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Anthony Rendon back in D.C. to see Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- Surging Nats return home to face Marlins
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games