Sep 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The sun is out and the Nats and Astros will open their series tonight.
Take a good, long look at that above photo. I took it a few minutes ago. Yes, that is indeed sunshine over Nationals Park, something we haven't seen in quite some time. Thus, the Nats and Astros will open their weekend series this evening with only a slight threat of rain after a water-logged week against the Dodgers.
Tom Milone makes his second career start, hoping to build off the good things he did in his debut last week (three scoreless innings to begin the night, not to mention a home run on the first big-league pitch he ever faced as a batter) while avoiding the big four-run inning that did him in.
Milone will have plenty of familiar faces behind him. Former Syracuse teammates Chris Marrero and Steve Lombardozzi are in the lineup, with Lombardozzi making his first start at shortstop and leading off in place of Ian Desmond. Right-hander Bud Norris starts for the Astros, owners of baseball's worst record.
I'm back at the ballpark and back on the beat through the rest of the season, so please check back often for plenty of updates…
ASTROS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 3 mph RF to LF
SS Steve Lombardozzi
RF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions