Sep 9, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Henry Sosa (2-3, 4.11) vs. RHP Stephen Strasburg (0-0, 0.00)
TV: MASN, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
It continues to be a difficult season in Houston, where the Astros have boasted baseball's worst record for months. It doesn't help that the sale of the club from Drayton McLane to Jim Crane has proceeded at a snail's pace. The sale was announced in mid-May, but MLB has yet to approve the deal and Crane has been showing frustration lately with the delay.
On the field, the Astros have lost five of six, falling to 48-95 and becoming the first team in the majors to be mathematically eliminated this season. After trading away Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence, they've gone with a bunch of youngsters, hoping the experience gained will better prepare them for 2012. The results right now, though, aren't pretty.
Top second base prospect Jose Altuve boasts a solid .287 batting average, but he's drawn only three walks in 44 games, leaving his on-base percentage at .301. Rookie third baseman Jimmy ParedesRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win