Sep 9, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Henry Sosa (2-3, 4.11) vs. RHP Stephen Strasburg (0-0, 0.00)
TV: MASN, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
It continues to be a difficult season in Houston, where the Astros have boasted baseball's worst record for months. It doesn't help that the sale of the club from Drayton McLane to Jim Crane has proceeded at a snail's pace. The sale was announced in mid-May, but MLB has yet to approve the deal and Crane has been showing frustration lately with the delay.
On the field, the Astros have lost five of six, falling to 48-95 and becoming the first team in the majors to be mathematically eliminated this season. After trading away Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence, they've gone with a bunch of youngsters, hoping the experience gained will better prepare them for 2012. The results right now, though, aren't pretty.
Top second base prospect Jose Altuve boasts a solid .287 batting average, but he's drawn only three walks in 44 games, leaving his on-base percentage at .301. Rookie third baseman Jimmy ParedesRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos comes through with go-ahead hit against D'Backs
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East