Sep 9, 2011, 9:56 PM EST
Manager Davey Johnson outlined the right-hander’s schedule for the remainder of the month, detailing a plan that has Strasburg (who debuted Tuesday night against the Dodgers) penciled in to start Sunday against the Astros, Sept. 17 against the Marlins and Sept. 23 against the Braves.
Depending on how things stand at that point, Johnson said, Strasburg could start the Nationals’ season finale (Sept. 28 at Florida) on normal rest.
Though the schedule sets up nicely for the Nationals to draw home crowds for three more of the right-hander’s outings, Johnson insisted “it has nothing to do with home or road.” Rather, the club wanted to give Strasburg an extra day of rest on occasion, using a plan similar
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett