Sep 9, 2011, 9:56 PM EST
Manager Davey Johnson outlined the right-hander’s schedule for the remainder of the month, detailing a plan that has Strasburg (who debuted Tuesday night against the Dodgers) penciled in to start Sunday against the Astros, Sept. 17 against the Marlins and Sept. 23 against the Braves.
Depending on how things stand at that point, Johnson said, Strasburg could start the Nationals’ season finale (Sept. 28 at Florida) on normal rest.
Though the schedule sets up nicely for the Nationals to draw home crowds for three more of the right-hander’s outings, Johnson insisted “it has nothing to do with home or road.” Rather, the club wanted to give Strasburg an extra day of rest on occasion, using a plan similar
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats