Sep 9, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
Manager Davey Johnson outlined the right-hander’s schedule for the remainder of the month, detailing a plan that has Strasburg (who debuted Tuesday night against the Dodgers) penciled in to start Sunday against the Astros, Sept. 17 against the Marlins and Sept. 23 against the Braves.
Depending on how things stand at that point, Johnson said, Strasburg could start the Nationals’ season finale (Sept. 28 at Florida) on normal rest.
Though the schedule sets up nicely for the Nationals to draw home crowds for three more of the right-hander’s outings, Johnson insisted “it has nothing to do with home or road.” Rather, the club wanted to give Strasburg an extra day of rest on occasion, using a plan similar
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche