Sep 9, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
Manager Davey Johnson outlined the right-hander’s schedule for the remainder of the month, detailing a plan that has Strasburg (who debuted Tuesday night against the Dodgers) penciled in to start Sunday against the Astros, Sept. 17 against the Marlins and Sept. 23 against the Braves.
Depending on how things stand at that point, Johnson said, Strasburg could start the Nationals’ season finale (Sept. 28 at Florida) on normal rest.
Though the schedule sets up nicely for the Nationals to draw home crowds for three more of the right-hander’s outings, Johnson insisted “it has nothing to do with home or road.” Rather, the club wanted to give Strasburg an extra day of rest on occasion, using a plan similar
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better