Sep 10, 2011, 7:36 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Wandy Rodriguez tonight at Nationals Park.
Fresh off an 11-inning victory last night, the Nationals are back in action tonight against the woebegone Astros, who yesterday managed to lose reliever Sergio Escalona for the season after he stepped on a coach's glove during BP and then lost the game on an error by third baseman Jimmy Paredes.
John Lannan takes the mound for the Nats, in search of his career-high 10th win. If he does it, Lannan would become only the sixth pitcher in Nationals history to reach that modest milestone. The others: Livan Hernandez (15 in 2005, 10 in 2010), Esteban Loaiza (12 in 2005), Ramon Ortiz (11 in 2006), Tyler Clippard (11 in 2010) and Tim Redding (10 in 2008). Quite an illustrious list there.
Lannan will be opposed by Wandy Rodriguez, a tough left-hander in his own right in search of his 11th win.
Updates to come, so please check back…
ASTROS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort