Sep 10, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Peacock — who earlier today was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year after going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA in 23 starts at Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse — made his big-league debut out of the bullpen Tuesday and proceeded to blow the 3-0 lead the Nationals had built for Stephen Strasburg.
Johnson had initially said he planned to have Peacock pitch in relief on the same days Strasburg starts, but today the manager said he doesn't want to do that anymore.
"No, I do not," Johnson said. "I think that was unfair to begin with."
Johnson hopes to have Peacock throw a bullpen session tomorrow and then not use him out of the bullpen. That would set him up to startRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats cut two more, reducing healthy roster to 27
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee