Sep 10, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
Peacock — who earlier today was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year after going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA in 23 starts at Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse — made his big-league debut out of the bullpen Tuesday and proceeded to blow the 3-0 lead the Nationals had built for Stephen Strasburg.
Johnson had initially said he planned to have Peacock pitch in relief on the same days Strasburg starts, but today the manager said he doesn't want to do that anymore.
"No, I do not," Johnson said. "I think that was unfair to begin with."
Johnson hopes to have Peacock throw a bullpen session tomorrow and then not use him out of the bullpen. That would set him up to startRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind