Sep 10, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Peacock — who earlier today was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year after going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA in 23 starts at Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse — made his big-league debut out of the bullpen Tuesday and proceeded to blow the 3-0 lead the Nationals had built for Stephen Strasburg.
Johnson had initially said he planned to have Peacock pitch in relief on the same days Strasburg starts, but today the manager said he doesn't want to do that anymore.
"No, I do not," Johnson said. "I think that was unfair to begin with."
Johnson hopes to have Peacock throw a bullpen session tomorrow and then not use him out of the bullpen. That would set him up to startRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)