Sep 10, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Peacock — who earlier today was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year after going a combined 15-3 with a 2.39 ERA in 23 starts at Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAA Syracuse — made his big-league debut out of the bullpen Tuesday and proceeded to blow the 3-0 lead the Nationals had built for Stephen Strasburg.
Johnson had initially said he planned to have Peacock pitch in relief on the same days Strasburg starts, but today the manager said he doesn't want to do that anymore.
"No, I do not," Johnson said. "I think that was unfair to begin with."
Johnson hopes to have Peacock throw a bullpen session tomorrow and then not use him out of the bullpen. That would set him up to startRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta