Sep 13, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chien-Ming Wang faces Dillon Gee tonight at Citi Field.
It's no secret what Chien-Ming Wang's biggest bugaboo has been this season: The first inning. For whatever reason, the right-hander hasn't been able to consistently navigate his way through that opening frame without suffering some kind of damage. Wang's ERA in the first inning in eight starts: 12.38. His ERA in every other inning: 2.70!
So the difference in tonight's game might very well come in the first 15 minutes, as Wang attempts to set down the top of the Mets lineup without putting his team in a hole. If he can do that, he and the Nationals should be in business.
Rookie right-hander Dillon Gee is on the mound for New York, in search of his 13th win (that's four more than anyone on the Nats staff currently has).
As you know, I'm not in New York for this series. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 77 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats need Cole to come up big in MLB debut
- Martin optioned to AAA to make room for Cole
- The Baseball Show: Looking ahead to Rendon's return
- Bumgarner strongly disagrees with Scherzer's DH comments
- Can Nats channel emotion into something good?
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing