Sep 15, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats go for a four-game sweep this afternoon at Citi Field.
Fresh off Brad Peacock's first career win last night, the Nationals are back in New York today looking to pull off a rare, four-game sweep of the Mets. To do that, they'll probably need another quality pitching performance from another September call-up: Tommy Milone.
Milone won't be an unknown quantity to the Mets; he made his big-league debut against them 12 days ago at Nationals Park and allowed four runs over 4 1/3 innings. So this could be a good test for the young lefty, the first chance he gets to face a lineup for the second time.
The Mets are sending their own rookie to the mound in right-hander Chris Schwinden. The 24-year-old went 8-8 with a 3.87 ERA in 28 combined games between the Mets' Class AA and Class AAA affiliates this season.
Enjoy the matinee ballgame; I'll be back on the beat from Nationals Park tomorrow for the start of the series against the Marlins…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence
- Markakis to have neck surgery 2 weeks after signing with Braves
- Stephen Strasburg goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Nats, Harper settle on 2-year deal, avoid hearing