Sep 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — LHP Brad Hand (1-7, 4.02) vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang (2-3, 4.35)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186
It's been a frustrating and at times bizarre season in South Florida, and it's only gotten more frustrating and more bizarre as it winds down. Mired in last place in the NL East, the Marlins come to D.C. having lost four straight, including both ends of yesterday's doubleheader in Philadelphia.
They've now officially lost Hanley Ramirez for the rest of the season after the star shortstop underwent "open" surgery to repair his left shoulder yesterday. Ramirez hurt himself diving for a ball in early August, then re-injured it while on a minor-league rehab assignment. He had arthroscopic surgery on the same shoulder in 2007, but this time orthopedist James Andrews felt it necessary to perform the more invasive surgery. Recovery time is typically four-to-eight months, which could put Opening Day 2012 in jeopardy.
Meanwhile, the strange and sad saga of Logan Morrison continues with a new twist. Morrison was stunningly optioned to Class AAA last month after reportedly failing to appear at a meet-and-greet function with fans. The Marlins claimed the talented outfielder was sent downRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins