Sep 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — LHP Brad Hand (1-7, 4.02) vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang (2-3, 4.35)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186
It's been a frustrating and at times bizarre season in South Florida, and it's only gotten more frustrating and more bizarre as it winds down. Mired in last place in the NL East, the Marlins come to D.C. having lost four straight, including both ends of yesterday's doubleheader in Philadelphia.
They've now officially lost Hanley Ramirez for the rest of the season after the star shortstop underwent "open" surgery to repair his left shoulder yesterday. Ramirez hurt himself diving for a ball in early August, then re-injured it while on a minor-league rehab assignment. He had arthroscopic surgery on the same shoulder in 2007, but this time orthopedist James Andrews felt it necessary to perform the more invasive surgery. Recovery time is typically four-to-eight months, which could put Opening Day 2012 in jeopardy.
Meanwhile, the strange and sad saga of Logan Morrison continues with a new twist. Morrison was stunningly optioned to Class AAA last month after reportedly failing to appear at a meet-and-greet function with fans. The Marlins claimed the talented outfielder was sent downRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen