Sep 20, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to sweep today's doubleheader at Citizens Bank Park.
Did you know the Nationals (after today's 4-3, 10-inning win) are 7-8 against the Phillies this season? Seriously, they've managed to hold their own against the five-time NL East champions. They're also 7-8 against the Braves and 10-8 against the Mets. Unfortunately, they're 5-10 against the Marlins. If they old took care of business against Florida, this team would have a winning record in 2011.
The Nats will try to reach the break-even mark with Philadelphia tonight, but to do that, they'll have to beat Cliff Lee and the Phillies' regular lineup (as opposed to today's opener, which featured tons of backups on both sides).
Ross Detwiler starts the nightcap, facing a mighty challenge. He'll have his best players behind him, though, including Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Morse and Jayson Werth.
Enjoy another game and even more conversation…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES (Game 2)
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Significant moment No. 3: Nats clinch NL East in Atlanta
- Report: Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014
- Significant moment No. 4: Ryan Zimmerman tears his hamstring
- Significant moment No. 5: The kids step up
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal