Sep 20, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to sweep today's doubleheader at Citizens Bank Park.
Did you know the Nationals (after today's 4-3, 10-inning win) are 7-8 against the Phillies this season? Seriously, they've managed to hold their own against the five-time NL East champions. They're also 7-8 against the Braves and 10-8 against the Mets. Unfortunately, they're 5-10 against the Marlins. If they old took care of business against Florida, this team would have a winning record in 2011.
The Nats will try to reach the break-even mark with Philadelphia tonight, but to do that, they'll have to beat Cliff Lee and the Phillies' regular lineup (as opposed to today's opener, which featured tons of backups on both sides).
Ross Detwiler starts the nightcap, facing a mighty challenge. He'll have his best players behind him, though, including Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Morse and Jayson Werth.
Enjoy another game and even more conversation…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES (Game 2)
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats reliever Bill Bray retiring from baseball
- Souza, Solis, Goodwin among Nationals' latest cuts
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John