Sep 21, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nats try to win their third game in 36 hours at Citizens Bank Park.
OK, if you've been following the Nationals at all, you know the storyline by now: John Lannan can't beat the Phillies. Well, actually he's done it once in 16 starts against that hated ballclub from up Interstate-95. But he's never done it at Citizens Bank Park, where he's 0-5 with a 7.40 ERA.
So tonight, Lannan gives it yet another shot, looking in the process to give the Nats their third straight victory over the Phillies and their
eighth win in 10 ninth win in 11 games. He'll be facing a Philadelphia lineup without Ryan Howard, Hunter Pence or Carlos Ruiz (all dealing with nagging injuries).
The Nationals, meanwhile, will be without Jayson Werth tonight after he got struck in the right elbow with a throw. Rick Ankiel is in center field, with Roger Bernadina in right field.
Enjoy the game…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Cloudy, 72 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia