Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
They've won four in a row, nine of 11 and tonight have a chance to pull off a stunning, four-game road sweep of the Phillies. Oh, and somehow they still have a mathematical chance to finish the season with a winning record (they need to go 6-1 the rest of the way to go 81-80).
Seems like a good time to talk about the suddenly resurgent Nationals, who appear determined to push hard to the finish line and not let up until there no outs left to record.
Earlier today, Chase Hughes and I talked about this winning streak in Philadelphia, the performances of young pitchers Tommy Milone, Ross Detwiler and Brad Peacock and the impressive first season as closer for Drew Storen. I also got a bit animated when shooting down (yet again) the Prince Fielder-to-D.C. rumor.
If you missed the show live, no worries. Here's the full episode, broken into two parts. Check out Part 2 below the jump…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?