Sep 22, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Can the Nats finish off a four-game sweep at Citizens Bank Park?
In their nearly seven-year existence, the Nationals have swept only a pair of four-game road series: the season-ending Oct. 1-4, 2009 series in Atlanta and last week's series in New York. With a win tonight, they would do it again, this time at a most unlikely site: Citizens Bank Park.
In order to pull this one off, the Nats will need a solid outing from rookie Brad Peacock (making his second career start) and some timely hits against Roy Oswalt, who has struggled against this franchise in the past and has battled through an up-and-down season himself.
Couple of notable absences from the Nationals' lineup. Jayson Werth is sitting out his second straight game after getting hit in the right elbow with a throw. Roger Bernadina is again in right field. And Chris Marrero, who had started 22 consecutive games at first base, gets a night off. Laynce Nix will get some rare playing time in the infield.
Enjoy the game…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase