Sep 22, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Can the Nats finish off a four-game sweep at Citizens Bank Park?
In their nearly seven-year existence, the Nationals have swept only a pair of four-game road series: the season-ending Oct. 1-4, 2009 series in Atlanta and last week's series in New York. With a win tonight, they would do it again, this time at a most unlikely site: Citizens Bank Park.
In order to pull this one off, the Nats will need a solid outing from rookie Brad Peacock (making his second career start) and some timely hits against Roy Oswalt, who has struggled against this franchise in the past and has battled through an up-and-down season himself.
Couple of notable absences from the Nationals' lineup. Jayson Werth is sitting out his second straight game after getting hit in the right elbow with a throw. Roger Bernadina is again in right field. And Chris Marrero, who had started 22 consecutive games at first base, gets a night off. Laynce Nix will get some rare playing time in the infield.
Enjoy the game…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'