Sep 23, 2011, 7:35 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast doesn't look promising tonight at Nationals Park.
What could be the most significant game the Nationals play this season — Stephen Strasburg and the red-hot Nats vs. Tim Hudson and the wild-card-leading Braves — could be affected by something totally out of both teams' control: the weather.
The forecast, plain and simple, does not look good. There's a 100 percent of rain until 7 p.m., then a 40 percent chance from 7-8 p.m., a 15 percent chance from 8-9 p.m., then a 90 percent chance the rest of the night. Is that enough of a window to get this game in? I don't know.
Then again, we all remember how bad the forecast looked a couple weeks ago for Strasburg's return from Tommy John surgery. And they wound up playing the full game. So who knows?
I'll do my best to update everyone along the way, so please check back throughout the afternoon and evening…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Rain, 70 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series