Sep 23, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast doesn't look promising tonight at Nationals Park.
What could be the most significant game the Nationals play this season — Stephen Strasburg and the red-hot Nats vs. Tim Hudson and the wild-card-leading Braves — could be affected by something totally out of both teams' control: the weather.
The forecast, plain and simple, does not look good. There's a 100 percent of rain until 7 p.m., then a 40 percent chance from 7-8 p.m., a 15 percent chance from 8-9 p.m., then a 90 percent chance the rest of the night. Is that enough of a window to get this game in? I don't know.
Then again, we all remember how bad the forecast looked a couple weeks ago for Strasburg's return from Tommy John surgery. And they wound up playing the full game. So who knows?
I'll do my best to update everyone along the way, so please check back throughout the afternoon and evening…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Rain, 70 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order