Sep 26, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Sun Life Stadium hosts its final three ballgames this week.
Not that anyone is going to miss
Joe Robbie Pro Player Dolphin Dolphins Land Shark Sun Life Stadium, but the Nationals REALLY won't miss that place, which hosts its final three baseball games this week.
The Nationals have gone an abysmal 16-35 at the home of the Marlins since 2006, not to mention sat through countless rain delays, battled shoddy field conditions and played in front of literally dozens of fans at times.
But the Nats arrive in Miami for this final series riding the wave of their late-season surge. They've won 12 of 15 and still can finish with their first-ever winning record if they sweep these three games. Tommy Milone takes the mound for his fifth big-league start (the Nats have won all of his previous four). He'll be opposed by right-hander Anibal Sanchez.
Much as I wish I could be there, it just wasn't possible to travel with our newborn son. Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM, JIP at 8:30), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 188
Weather: Scattered storms, 84 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion