Sep 26, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Sun Life Stadium hosts its final three ballgames this week.
Not that anyone is going to miss
Joe Robbie Pro Player Dolphin Dolphins Land Shark Sun Life Stadium, but the Nationals REALLY won't miss that place, which hosts its final three baseball games this week.
The Nationals have gone an abysmal 16-35 at the home of the Marlins since 2006, not to mention sat through countless rain delays, battled shoddy field conditions and played in front of literally dozens of fans at times.
But the Nats arrive in Miami for this final series riding the wave of their late-season surge. They've won 12 of 15 and still can finish with their first-ever winning record if they sweep these three games. Tommy Milone takes the mound for his fifth big-league start (the Nats have won all of his previous four). He'll be opposed by right-hander Anibal Sanchez.
Much as I wish I could be there, it just wasn't possible to travel with our newborn son. Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM, JIP at 8:30), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 188
Weather: Scattered storms, 84 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge