Sep 26, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Henry Rodriguez was electric during the seventh inning yesterday.
On a day full of electric moments at Nationals Park, Henry Rodriguez provided what might well have been the biggest jolt of all.
Rodriguez's sheer dominance of the Braves in the top of the seventh had the ballpark buzzing throughout and the had just about everyone in the Nationals' clubhouse in awe, even an hour later.
"I've never seen anything like it," closer Drew Storen said. "It was unfair. That's a tough act to follow. One-oh-one every pitch? You've got to tip your cap. We gave him a standing O in the bullpen, and I don't think anybody's doing that for anyone else."
Truth be told, Storen was exaggerating a bit about Rodriguez thrown 101 mph every pitch. But not that much.
Here are all of Rodriguez's 11 pitches in the inning, with velocity and result…
BATTER: JASON HEYWARD
1: 99 mph, strike looking
2: 99 mph, strike lookingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win