Sep 27, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
John Lannan and the Nats try to keep the winning streak alive tonight.
At this point, you know what's at stake for the Nationals tonight at Sun Life Stadium. They're in search of their fourth straight win, their 10th straight on the road, a .500 record and a shot at finishing the season with a winning record.
In order to accomplish all that, the Nats will need a strong outing from John Lannan (in search of his 11th victory). And they'll need to find a way to do something nobody has done for the last month: Beat Javier Vazquez. Over his last five starts, the Marlins' veteran right-hander is 5-0 with an 0.25 ERA. Yeah, that's right. He's allowed one total run over his last five starts (one of which was a shutout of the Nationals in D.C.).
As if the challenge wasn't tough enough already, the Nats don't have Ryan Zimmerman in the lineup tonight. It appears he's getting the day off so Steve Lombardozzi can get a start at third base. Zimmerman, of course, will be available off the bench, so he could still provide the same kind of heroics he displayed in Philadelphia last week in a similar situation.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Scattered storms, 80 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Roger Bernadina
CF Jayson Werth
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves