Sep 27, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
John Lannan and the Nats try to keep the winning streak alive tonight.
At this point, you know what's at stake for the Nationals tonight at Sun Life Stadium. They're in search of their fourth straight win, their 10th straight on the road, a .500 record and a shot at finishing the season with a winning record.
In order to accomplish all that, the Nats will need a strong outing from John Lannan (in search of his 11th victory). And they'll need to find a way to do something nobody has done for the last month: Beat Javier Vazquez. Over his last five starts, the Marlins' veteran right-hander is 5-0 with an 0.25 ERA. Yeah, that's right. He's allowed one total run over his last five starts (one of which was a shutout of the Nationals in D.C.).
As if the challenge wasn't tough enough already, the Nats don't have Ryan Zimmerman in the lineup tonight. It appears he's getting the day off so Steve Lombardozzi can get a start at third base. Zimmerman, of course, will be available off the bench, so he could still provide the same kind of heroics he displayed in Philadelphia last week in a similar situation.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Scattered storms, 80 degrees, Wind 4 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Roger Bernadina
CF Jayson Werth
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard