Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals just wrapped up their 2011 season in style, with Stephen Strasburg striking out 10 over six brilliant innings and Drew Storen shutting the door on a 3-1 victory over the Marlins. Just like that, they reached the 80-win mark for the first time since 2005, a significant accomplishment for this franchise.
If you're still aglow from the late-season surge and aren't ready to say goodbye to baseball for the winter, you're in luck. Chase Hughes and I had a live episode of Beltway Baseball at 7 p.m., discussing what happened this year and what to expect next year. We also answered your questions from earlier, and there were some interesting subjects raised.
If you missed the show live, no worries. Here's the entire episode, broken into two parts. Click on the jump below for Part 2…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip