Sep 29, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse gets an A for his breakthrough year.
As a collective effort, the Nationals deserve high marks for their performance this season. A club that experienced plenty of ups and downs over the course of six months found a way to finish strong, come within a gnat's eyelash of a .500 record and set themselves up to enter 2012 with lofty expectations.
But what about on an individual basis? How would you grade each player on the roster? Obviously, there were some fantastic individual seasons (Michael Morse, Tyler Clippard). And obviously, there were some not-so-fantastic individual seasons (ahem, Jayson Werth and Doug Slaten).
Now that 2011 is in the books, it's time to hand out some season-ending report cards…
WILSON RAMOS — B+
By all accounts, a fine rookie season for the catcher. He was excellent behind the plate and finished strong at the plate, hitting .358 in September.
JESUS FLORES — C+
The mere fact he returned to the big leagues after missing most of two seasons with a shoulder injury was reason to celebrate, but his gameRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups