Sep 29, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
So, you may recall back on Opening Day, I and my counterparts on the Nationals beat made some predictions for the 2011 season. Easy stuff like, you know: How many games will they win this year, and what will their exact home attendance be for the season?
It's only fair, of course, that we now hold ourselves accountable to those predictions, as terribly wrong as we were. Hey, how could I sleep at night letting you all believe I predicted Tyler Clippard would make the All-Star team and Ryan Zimmerman wouldn't? (Oh wait, that's not at all what I predicted.)
So without further ado, here's a look back at what we all guessed back on Opening Day, and what actually happened…
Who will represent the team at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (CSNWashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Sean Burnett
Dave Sheinin (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman
Amanda Comak (Washington Times) — Ryan Zimmerman
Ben Goessling (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
Pete Kerzel (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Bill Ladson (MLB.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Danny Espinosa
Craig Heist (WTOP) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
WINNER: No one. Nobody had Tyler Clippard, though I suppose Kilgore gets some credit for picking a setup man, just the wrong one.
What will total home attendance be?
Craig Heist — 2,512,759
Bill Ladson — 2,500,000Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance