Oct 1, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Kelly Shoppach was the surprise offensive hero of Game 1 for the Rays.
They dominated Game 1 yesterday behind Matt Moore's seven shutout innings and Kelly Shoppach's surprising power. Now, the Rays look to take complete control of their division series against the Rangers in Game 2 tonight.
Tampa Bay has to like its chances with James Shields on the hill. The veteran right-hander beat Texas twice this season, allowing one total run over 17 innings. He also tossed a major-league-leading 11 complete games this year, giving manager Joe Maddon comfort when it comes time to using his bullpen.
In order to knot the series back up at one game apiece, the Rangers need a big performance from lefty Derek Holland, who finished the season on a prolonged hot streak. The 24-year-old went 10-1 with a 2.77 ERA over his final 15 starts, which should give manager Ron Washington some peace of mind heading into this crucial ballgame…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 2
TAMPA BAY RAYS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 7:07 p.m.
Radio: XM 181
Weather: Sunny, 82 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
LF Desmond Jennings
CF B.J. Upton
3B Evan Longoria
2B Ben Zobrist
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager