Oct 1, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Bruan, Nyjer Morgan and Corey Hart lead the Brewers into the playoffs.
No team in baseball enjoyed home-field advantage this season more than the Milwaukee Brewers, who posted a dominant 57-24 record inside the friendly confines of Miller Park. On the road, however, the Brewers were a mere 39-42, all the more reason it was critical for them to hang on in late September, hold off the NL West champion Arizona Diamondbacks and secure home-field advantage for this division series.
Milwaukee has a lot going for itself entering the postseason. Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder might be the best 1-2 offensive punch in baseball right now. Yovani Gallardo and Zack Greinke make for a pretty impressive 1-2 rotation punch. Heck, even Nyjer Morgan and Jerry Hairston have been major contributors for the NL Central champs.
The Diamondbacks, though, quietly put together a really impressive season of their own. They may lack some of the big names off the Brewers lineup, but Justin Upton is as dynamic as any player in the game, and Ian Kennedy had a dominant season on the mound. Arizona will need Kennedy to come up big in Game 1 today if it has any visions of taking down Milwaukee in its home park.
Who's going to win the series? Scroll down for my prediction…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 1
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 2:07 p.m.
Radio: XM 188
Weather: Roof closed
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again