Oct 1, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Bruan, Nyjer Morgan and Corey Hart lead the Brewers into the playoffs.
No team in baseball enjoyed home-field advantage this season more than the Milwaukee Brewers, who posted a dominant 57-24 record inside the friendly confines of Miller Park. On the road, however, the Brewers were a mere 39-42, all the more reason it was critical for them to hang on in late September, hold off the NL West champion Arizona Diamondbacks and secure home-field advantage for this division series.
Milwaukee has a lot going for itself entering the postseason. Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder might be the best 1-2 offensive punch in baseball right now. Yovani Gallardo and Zack Greinke make for a pretty impressive 1-2 rotation punch. Heck, even Nyjer Morgan and Jerry Hairston have been major contributors for the NL Central champs.
The Diamondbacks, though, quietly put together a really impressive season of their own. They may lack some of the big names off the Brewers lineup, but Justin Upton is as dynamic as any player in the game, and Ian Kennedy had a dominant season on the mound. Arizona will need Kennedy to come up big in Game 1 today if it has any visions of taking down Milwaukee in its home park.
Who's going to win the series? Scroll down for my prediction…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 1
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 2:07 p.m.
Radio: XM 188
Weather: Roof closed
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth
- LaRoche hopes to be a National 'for the rest of my career'
- MLB announces World Series schedule