Oct 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The shadows will again be a factor today at Miller Park.
In previewing this series, I pointed out how much of a home-field advantage the Brewers have enjoyed this season, resulting in baseball's best home record. We saw that hold true yesterday during Milwaukee's 4-1 victory over the Diamondbacks, though another element I wasn't anticipating may have also played a factor: the shadows inside Miller Park.
Despite abundant sunshine outside, the Brewers left their roof closed, leading to some awkward patches of sunlight and shadows caused by the windows that wrap around the park. It's going to be the same story today, with a 4 p.m. local start and the roof again closed despite sunshine and temperatures in the 60s. (How does MLB allow that?)
I suppose the conditions are the same for everyone, so it's up to both starters (Milwaukee's Zack Greinke and Arizona's Daniel Hudson) to make the most of the situation…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 2
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: XM 89
Weather: Roof closed
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett