Oct 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The shadows will again be a factor today at Miller Park.
In previewing this series, I pointed out how much of a home-field advantage the Brewers have enjoyed this season, resulting in baseball's best home record. We saw that hold true yesterday during Milwaukee's 4-1 victory over the Diamondbacks, though another element I wasn't anticipating may have also played a factor: the shadows inside Miller Park.
Despite abundant sunshine outside, the Brewers left their roof closed, leading to some awkward patches of sunlight and shadows caused by the windows that wrap around the park. It's going to be the same story today, with a 4 p.m. local start and the roof again closed despite sunshine and temperatures in the 60s. (How does MLB allow that?)
I suppose the conditions are the same for everyone, so it's up to both starters (Milwaukee's Zack Greinke and Arizona's Daniel Hudson) to make the most of the situation…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 2
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: XM 89
Weather: Roof closed
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets