Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
The Rangers look to take two in a row from the Rays.
David Price has done a lot of things in his brief career, but there's one important thing he's yet to do: beat the Rangers. The left-hander has made eight career starts against Texas (including two during last year's ALDS) and has gone 0-5 with a 5.48 ERA.
So the pressure's on Tampa Bay's de facto ace to come up big tonight in the pivotal Game 3 of this year's ALDS rematch. With the series tied, a Rays victory puts them in position to close out the series tomorrow. A loss, on the other hand, puts them on the verge of elimination.
Of course, the Rays lineup will need to produce itself against Colby Lewis, who enters this one with a 3-0 career record against manager Joe Maddon's squad. And the Rangers also go into this game feeling good about themselves after pounding out eight runs on 10 hits during their Game 2 victory in Arlington…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
TEXAS RANGERS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 181
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins