Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Rangers look to take two in a row from the Rays.
David Price has done a lot of things in his brief career, but there's one important thing he's yet to do: beat the Rangers. The left-hander has made eight career starts against Texas (including two during last year's ALDS) and has gone 0-5 with a 5.48 ERA.
So the pressure's on Tampa Bay's de facto ace to come up big tonight in the pivotal Game 3 of this year's ALDS rematch. With the series tied, a Rays victory puts them in position to close out the series tomorrow. A loss, on the other hand, puts them on the verge of elimination.
Of course, the Rays lineup will need to produce itself against Colby Lewis, who enters this one with a 3-0 career record against manager Joe Maddon's squad. And the Rangers also go into this game feeling good about themselves after pounding out eight runs on 10 hits during their Game 2 victory in Arlington…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
TEXAS RANGERS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 181
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win