Oct 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Wilson Ramos established himself as the Nats' No. 1 catcher this season.
Throughout the week, we'll be breaking down the Nationals' roster by position (catcher, infield, outfield, rotation and bullpen) and looking both where things stand at the end of the season and where things might stand moving forward. Today's position: Catcher…
Stats: 113 G, 435 PA, 15 HR, 52 RBI, .267 AVG, .334 OBP, .445 SLG
5 E, 32% CS rate, 3.1 WAR
2011 salary: $415,000
Contract status: Arb-eligible in 2014, free agent in 2017
Where he fits in: With a solid rookie season, Ramos firmly established himself as the Nationals' No. 1 catcher entering 2012. Though he slumped a bit in midseason, he finished strong, batting .324 with an .895 OPS over his final 39 games. His work behind the plate never slumped, whether in the throwing department or in calling games (several pitchers insisted they rarely, if ever, shook him off late in the season).
Stats: 30 G, 91 PA, 1 HR, 2 RBI, .209 AVG, .253 OBP, .324 SLG
1 E, 20% CS rate, -0.1 WAR
2011 salary: $750,000
Contract status: Arb-eligible, free agent in 2014
Where he fits in: After missing nearly two years with a shoulderRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?