Oct 4, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
CC Sabathia returns to the mound tonight against Justin Verlander.
We finally get that great CC Sabathia-Justin Verlander pitching matchup we've been waiting for … only three days after it was originally supposed to take place. Such was the effect of that rain-suspended Game 1 in the Bronx on Friday night.
This, though, could wind up being even more compelling, since the series is now knotted at one game a piece, and since we don't really know what kind of physical shape either starter will be in after having their throwing schedules disrupted.
This also the fourth straight day these teams have played because the off-day was lost with the rain. That may not matter a whole lot tonight, but it could come into play tomorrow during Game 4…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
NEW YORK YANKEES at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 8:37 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark Teixeira
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'