Oct 4, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
CC Sabathia returns to the mound tonight against Justin Verlander.
We finally get that great CC Sabathia-Justin Verlander pitching matchup we've been waiting for … only three days after it was originally supposed to take place. Such was the effect of that rain-suspended Game 1 in the Bronx on Friday night.
This, though, could wind up being even more compelling, since the series is now knotted at one game a piece, and since we don't really know what kind of physical shape either starter will be in after having their throwing schedules disrupted.
This also the fourth straight day these teams have played because the off-day was lost with the rain. That may not matter a whole lot tonight, but it could come into play tomorrow during Game 4…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
NEW YORK YANKEES at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 8:37 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark Teixeira
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey