Oct 4, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
CC Sabathia returns to the mound tonight against Justin Verlander.
We finally get that great CC Sabathia-Justin Verlander pitching matchup we've been waiting for … only three days after it was originally supposed to take place. Such was the effect of that rain-suspended Game 1 in the Bronx on Friday night.
This, though, could wind up being even more compelling, since the series is now knotted at one game a piece, and since we don't really know what kind of physical shape either starter will be in after having their throwing schedules disrupted.
This also the fourth straight day these teams have played because the off-day was lost with the rain. That may not matter a whole lot tonight, but it could come into play tomorrow during Game 4…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
NEW YORK YANKEES at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 8:37 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to RF
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark Teixeira
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend