Oct 4, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Rangers try to close out the series today in St. Petersburg.
This could prove to be quite a significant day across the baseball landscape. Games from all four division series are scheduled to be played, and three of those series could be wrapped up by day's end. (Only the Phillies and Cardinals are guaranteed to be playing tomorrow.)
So the pressure's on the three clubs facing elimination, beginning this afternoon with the Rays, who suffered a demoralizing 4-3 loss to the Rangers yesterday when starter David Price was pulled in the top of the seventh and Tampa Bay's bullpen imploded.
Rookie Jeremy Hellickson (13-10 with a 2.95 ERA in 29 starts) takes the mound for the Rays in his postseason debut. He'll be opposed by left-hander Matt Harrison, who appeared out of the bullpen in Game 1 but went 14-9 with a 3.43 ERA in 30 starts this year…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
TEXAS RANGERS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field
Gametime: 2:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 181
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals turn sloppy in loss to Kershaw, L.A.
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win