Oct 4, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Rangers try to close out the series today in St. Petersburg.
This could prove to be quite a significant day across the baseball landscape. Games from all four division series are scheduled to be played, and three of those series could be wrapped up by day's end. (Only the Phillies and Cardinals are guaranteed to be playing tomorrow.)
So the pressure's on the three clubs facing elimination, beginning this afternoon with the Rays, who suffered a demoralizing 4-3 loss to the Rangers yesterday when starter David Price was pulled in the top of the seventh and Tampa Bay's bullpen imploded.
Rookie Jeremy Hellickson (13-10 with a 2.95 ERA in 29 starts) takes the mound for the Rays in his postseason debut. He'll be opposed by left-hander Matt Harrison, who appeared out of the bullpen in Game 1 but went 14-9 with a 3.43 ERA in 30 starts this year…
AL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
TEXAS RANGERS at TAMPA BAY RAYS
Where: Tropicana Field
Gametime: 2:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 181
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'