Oct 4, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Cardinals fans are ready for Game 3 against the Phillies today.
The Cardinals proved they could get to one of the Phillies' four aces Sunday night during Game 2 of the National League Division Series. Now, can they do it again?
Cole Hamels will be on the mound for Philadelphia, looking to get his team back on track after a surprisingly ineffective outing by Cliff Lee the other night. The left-hander lost his only start this season against St. Louis, allowing four runs over seven innings on Sept. 18. But aside from a couple of hiccups in 2009, he's got a stellar track record in the postseason, including MVP awards in both the 2008 NLCS and World Series.
Fellow lefty Jaime Garcia starts for the Cardinals, trying to keep the Phillies' lineup in check and perhaps give his bullpen a much-needed break. Tony La Russa used six different relievers to pull off Sunday's victory. He'd probably prefer not to have to do that again…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
RF Hunter Pence
1B Ryan Howard
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge