Oct 4, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Cardinals fans are ready for Game 3 against the Phillies today.
The Cardinals proved they could get to one of the Phillies' four aces Sunday night during Game 2 of the National League Division Series. Now, can they do it again?
Cole Hamels will be on the mound for Philadelphia, looking to get his team back on track after a surprisingly ineffective outing by Cliff Lee the other night. The left-hander lost his only start this season against St. Louis, allowing four runs over seven innings on Sept. 18. But aside from a couple of hiccups in 2009, he's got a stellar track record in the postseason, including MVP awards in both the 2008 NLCS and World Series.
Fellow lefty Jaime Garcia starts for the Cardinals, trying to keep the Phillies' lineup in check and perhaps give his bullpen a much-needed break. Tony La Russa used six different relievers to pull off Sunday's victory. He'd probably prefer not to have to do that again…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 3
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
RF Hunter Pence
1B Ryan Howard
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees