Oct 5, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Busch Stadium hosts Game 4 between the Phillies and Cardinals.
The Cardinals played the Phillies incredibly tough yesterday, but there are no moral victories in October. Despite pounding out 12 hits, St. Louis managed to score only two runs during a 3-2 loss. Now Philadelphia is on the brink of reaching the NLCS for the fourth straight season, with the Cardinals desperately trying to send the series back east for a decisive fifth game.
Obviously, the Cards are going to need to be able to take advantage of whatever scoring opportunities they get against Roy Oswalt, the weakest link to the Phillies' dominant rotation (if there is one). Tony La Russa will have a bolstered lineup with slugger Matt Holliday starting for the first time this series after dealing with a hand injury.
St. Louis sends Edwin Jackson to the mound; the right-hander pitched well down the stretch, going 3-0 with a 2.96 ERA over his last seven starts. He'll need to hold Philadelphia's lineup in check tonight if the Cardinals hope to keep their season alive…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 6:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
RF Hunter Pence
1B Ryan Howard
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies