Oct 5, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Busch Stadium hosts Game 4 between the Phillies and Cardinals.
The Cardinals played the Phillies incredibly tough yesterday, but there are no moral victories in October. Despite pounding out 12 hits, St. Louis managed to score only two runs during a 3-2 loss. Now Philadelphia is on the brink of reaching the NLCS for the fourth straight season, with the Cardinals desperately trying to send the series back east for a decisive fifth game.
Obviously, the Cards are going to need to be able to take advantage of whatever scoring opportunities they get against Roy Oswalt, the weakest link to the Phillies' dominant rotation (if there is one). Tony La Russa will have a bolstered lineup with slugger Matt Holliday starting for the first time this series after dealing with a hand injury.
St. Louis sends Edwin Jackson to the mound; the right-hander pitched well down the stretch, going 3-0 with a 2.96 ERA over his last seven starts. He'll need to hold Philadelphia's lineup in check tonight if the Cardinals hope to keep their season alive…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 6:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
RF Hunter Pence
1B Ryan Howard
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'