Oct 5, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Busch Stadium hosts Game 4 between the Phillies and Cardinals.
The Cardinals played the Phillies incredibly tough yesterday, but there are no moral victories in October. Despite pounding out 12 hits, St. Louis managed to score only two runs during a 3-2 loss. Now Philadelphia is on the brink of reaching the NLCS for the fourth straight season, with the Cardinals desperately trying to send the series back east for a decisive fifth game.
Obviously, the Cards are going to need to be able to take advantage of whatever scoring opportunities they get against Roy Oswalt, the weakest link to the Phillies' dominant rotation (if there is one). Tony La Russa will have a bolstered lineup with slugger Matt Holliday starting for the first time this series after dealing with a hand injury.
St. Louis sends Edwin Jackson to the mound; the right-hander pitched well down the stretch, going 3-0 with a 2.96 ERA over his last seven starts. He'll need to hold Philadelphia's lineup in check tonight if the Cardinals hope to keep their season alive…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 6:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 89
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
RF Hunter Pence
1B Ryan Howard
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals