Oct 6, 2011, 1:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Diamondbacks fans had plenty to celebrate during last night's win.
Well, we now know there will be at least two Game 5's in this first round of the postseason. The Tigers and Yankees will square off tomorrow night, and the Cardinals and Phillies will meet Friday night for all the marbles. Now, we find out if the Diamondbacks and Brewers will go the distance as well.
Milwaukee, of course, would love to close things out tonight, offering the opportunity to rest up for several days and get its rotation in order for the NLCS. Manager Ron Roenicke will send veteran lefty Randy Wolf to the mound for Game 4, and with another lefty on the mound for Arizona in Springfield, Va., native Joe Saunders, he's benched Nyjer Morgan (1-for-11 in the series) in favor of Carlos Gomez.
The Diamondbacks' regular lineup sets up pretty well against left-handers. Rookie first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, who clubbed a grand slam last night, surely is licking his chops at the prospect of facing Wolf in this game…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:37 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 188
RF Corey Hart
3B Jerry Hairston
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera