Oct 6, 2011, 1:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Diamondbacks fans had plenty to celebrate during last night's win.
Well, we now know there will be at least two Game 5's in this first round of the postseason. The Tigers and Yankees will square off tomorrow night, and the Cardinals and Phillies will meet Friday night for all the marbles. Now, we find out if the Diamondbacks and Brewers will go the distance as well.
Milwaukee, of course, would love to close things out tonight, offering the opportunity to rest up for several days and get its rotation in order for the NLCS. Manager Ron Roenicke will send veteran lefty Randy Wolf to the mound for Game 4, and with another lefty on the mound for Arizona in Springfield, Va., native Joe Saunders, he's benched Nyjer Morgan (1-for-11 in the series) in favor of Carlos Gomez.
The Diamondbacks' regular lineup sets up pretty well against left-handers. Rookie first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, who clubbed a grand slam last night, surely is licking his chops at the prospect of facing Wolf in this game…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:37 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 188
RF Corey Hart
3B Jerry Hairston
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series