Oct 6, 2011, 1:00 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Diamondbacks fans had plenty to celebrate during last night's win.
Well, we now know there will be at least two Game 5's in this first round of the postseason. The Tigers and Yankees will square off tomorrow night, and the Cardinals and Phillies will meet Friday night for all the marbles. Now, we find out if the Diamondbacks and Brewers will go the distance as well.
Milwaukee, of course, would love to close things out tonight, offering the opportunity to rest up for several days and get its rotation in order for the NLCS. Manager Ron Roenicke will send veteran lefty Randy Wolf to the mound for Game 4, and with another lefty on the mound for Arizona in Springfield, Va., native Joe Saunders, he's benched Nyjer Morgan (1-for-11 in the series) in favor of Carlos Gomez.
The Diamondbacks' regular lineup sets up pretty well against left-handers. Rookie first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, who clubbed a grand slam last night, surely is licking his chops at the prospect of facing Wolf in this game…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 4
MILWAUKEE BREWERS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:37 p.m.
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 188
RF Corey Hart
3B Jerry Hairston
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions