Oct 7, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Yovani Gallardo hopes to pitch the Brewers into the NLCS.
Rarely does a postseason series play to form the way this one has. The Brewers won Games 1 and 2 at home. The Diamondbacks won Games 3 and 4 at home. So the question tonight is: Will the pattern hold?
Milwaukee, as I've been pointing out all week, owns baseball's best home record. And ace Yovani Gallardo is on the mound for this decisive Game 5 at Miller Park. So the deck would certainly seem to tilt in Milwaukee's favor.
But Arizona looked like a totally different team out in the desert, and ace Ian Kennedy is probably eager to bounce back from his Game 1 defeat. Plus, this is a team that seemed to post more rallies than any other in the sport all season. The D'backs simply don't panic at any situation thrown their way.
And, as we saw last night in the Bronx, you never know what you're going to see in a do-or-die Game 5. So buckle up, this should be a good one…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 5
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 188
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins