Oct 7, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Yovani Gallardo hopes to pitch the Brewers into the NLCS.
Rarely does a postseason series play to form the way this one has. The Brewers won Games 1 and 2 at home. The Diamondbacks won Games 3 and 4 at home. So the question tonight is: Will the pattern hold?
Milwaukee, as I've been pointing out all week, owns baseball's best home record. And ace Yovani Gallardo is on the mound for this decisive Game 5 at Miller Park. So the deck would certainly seem to tilt in Milwaukee's favor.
But Arizona looked like a totally different team out in the desert, and ace Ian Kennedy is probably eager to bounce back from his Game 1 defeat. Plus, this is a team that seemed to post more rallies than any other in the sport all season. The D'backs simply don't panic at any situation thrown their way.
And, as we saw last night in the Bronx, you never know what you're going to see in a do-or-die Game 5. So buckle up, this should be a good one…
NL DIVISION SERIES – GAME 5
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 5:07 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 188
SS Willie Bloomquist
2B Aaron Hill
RF Justin Upton
C Miguel Montero
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology