Oct 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen appeared in 73 games, saving 43 of them, in his first full season.
Throughout the week, we'll be breaking down the Nationals' roster by position (catcher, infield, outfield, rotation and bullpen) and looking both where things stand at the end of the season and where things might stand moving forward. Today's position: The bullpen…
Stats: 6-3, 2.75 ERA, 43 SV, 73 G, 8.8 K/9, 2.4 BB/9
2 of 10 inherited runners scored, 0.9 WAR
2011 salary: $418,000
Contract status: Arbitration-eligible in 2013, free agent in 2017
Where he fits in: Remember how worried everyone was about Storen at the end of a horrible spring training? Turns out there was nothing at all to worry about. The 24-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough season and firmly established himself as the Nationals' closer of both the present and the future, recording 43 saves in 48 chances. Storen will have plenty of job security when he reports to Viera next spring.
Stats: 3-0, 1.83 ERA, 72 G, 10.6 K/9, 2.6 BB/9
10 of 46 inherited runners scored, 1.2 WAR
2011 salary: $443,000Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge