Oct 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Nelson Cruz's homer helped lead the Rangers to victory in Game 1.
Hey, what do you know, they're actually going to play baseball today in Texas! This after postponing last night's scheduled Game 2 of the ALCS because of the threat of heavy rain all evening. Except, it never really rained. Go figure.
The forecast looks good today, though, so nothing to worry about as the Tigers attempt to knot the series up after dropping Game 1 Saturday night. Detroit will have a familiar (and surprising) name back in its lineup for this one: Delmon Young, who was supposed to be out for the series (and probably the postseason) with an oblique strain yet has been re-activated to take the roster spot that opened when Magglio Ordonez fractured his ankle. It's a bold and potentially dangerous move for the Tigers, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It'll be fascinating to watch Young swing. Tough to believe he won't be in incredible pain and be risking further injury.
Detroit will have right-hander Max Scherzer (who was brilliant in his lone ALDS start against the Yankees, then returned to pitch in relief for Game 5) on the mound. Texas counters with left-hander Derek Holland, who likewise pitched both out of the rotation and the bullpen during the ALDS against the Rays…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 2
DETROIT TIGERS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 4:19 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 178
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
CF Austin Jackon
2B Ramon Santiago
LF Delmon Young
1B Miguel Cabrera
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason