Oct 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Nelson Cruz's homer helped lead the Rangers to victory in Game 1.
Hey, what do you know, they're actually going to play baseball today in Texas! This after postponing last night's scheduled Game 2 of the ALCS because of the threat of heavy rain all evening. Except, it never really rained. Go figure.
The forecast looks good today, though, so nothing to worry about as the Tigers attempt to knot the series up after dropping Game 1 Saturday night. Detroit will have a familiar (and surprising) name back in its lineup for this one: Delmon Young, who was supposed to be out for the series (and probably the postseason) with an oblique strain yet has been re-activated to take the roster spot that opened when Magglio Ordonez fractured his ankle. It's a bold and potentially dangerous move for the Tigers, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It'll be fascinating to watch Young swing. Tough to believe he won't be in incredible pain and be risking further injury.
Detroit will have right-hander Max Scherzer (who was brilliant in his lone ALDS start against the Yankees, then returned to pitch in relief for Game 5) on the mound. Texas counters with left-hander Derek Holland, who likewise pitched both out of the rotation and the bullpen during the ALDS against the Rays…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 2
DETROIT TIGERS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 4:19 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 178
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
CF Austin Jackon
2B Ramon Santiago
LF Delmon Young
1B Miguel Cabrera
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals