Oct 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Nelson Cruz's homer helped lead the Rangers to victory in Game 1.
Hey, what do you know, they're actually going to play baseball today in Texas! This after postponing last night's scheduled Game 2 of the ALCS because of the threat of heavy rain all evening. Except, it never really rained. Go figure.
The forecast looks good today, though, so nothing to worry about as the Tigers attempt to knot the series up after dropping Game 1 Saturday night. Detroit will have a familiar (and surprising) name back in its lineup for this one: Delmon Young, who was supposed to be out for the series (and probably the postseason) with an oblique strain yet has been re-activated to take the roster spot that opened when Magglio Ordonez fractured his ankle. It's a bold and potentially dangerous move for the Tigers, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It'll be fascinating to watch Young swing. Tough to believe he won't be in incredible pain and be risking further injury.
Detroit will have right-hander Max Scherzer (who was brilliant in his lone ALDS start against the Yankees, then returned to pitch in relief for Game 5) on the mound. Texas counters with left-hander Derek Holland, who likewise pitched both out of the rotation and the bullpen during the ALDS against the Rays…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 2
DETROIT TIGERS at TEXAS RANGERS
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Gametime: 4:19 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 178
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 6 mph LF to RF
CF Austin Jackon
2B Ramon Santiago
LF Delmon Young
1B Miguel Cabrera
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate