Oct 10, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder's Game 1 homer catapulted the Brewers to victory.
Game 1 of the NLCS was a slug fest practically from the moment Zack Greinke threw his first pitch of the afternoon. Ultimately, the Brewers pounded the Cardinals into submission, walking away with a 9-6 victory.
Can Milwaukee do it again in Game 2? Even if Ron Roenicke's lineup produces again, the rookie manager would certainly like to get a quality start out of Shaun Marcum after watching Greinke walk a tightrope yesterday.
Tony La Russa counters with Edwin Jackson, one of the best trade deadline acquisitions anywhere in the majors. The right-hander, though, struggled in his two starts at Miller Park this season, allowing 11 runs, 20 hits and four homers in only 14 innings…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 2
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
SS Rafael Furcal
CF Jon Jay
1B Albert Pujols
LF Matt Holliday
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base