Oct 10, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Prince Fielder's Game 1 homer catapulted the Brewers to victory.
Game 1 of the NLCS was a slug fest practically from the moment Zack Greinke threw his first pitch of the afternoon. Ultimately, the Brewers pounded the Cardinals into submission, walking away with a 9-6 victory.
Can Milwaukee do it again in Game 2? Even if Ron Roenicke's lineup produces again, the rookie manager would certainly like to get a quality start out of Shaun Marcum after watching Greinke walk a tightrope yesterday.
Tony La Russa counters with Edwin Jackson, one of the best trade deadline acquisitions anywhere in the majors. The right-hander, though, struggled in his two starts at Miller Park this season, allowing 11 runs, 20 hits and four homers in only 14 innings…
NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 2
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 63 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
SS Rafael Furcal
CF Jon Jay
1B Albert Pujols
LF Matt Holliday
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats
- Bryce Harper does not know how to pronounce 'meme'
- Harper credits Desmond and Werth after winning MVP