Oct 12, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jose Valverde closed out the Tigers' Game 3 victory.
What a performance last night by the Detroit Tigers, who facing a must-win situation and all kinds of injuries seized control of Game 3 of the ALCS and beat the Texas Rangers, 5-2. Can they do it again?
Injuries once again are the story for the Tigers. Incredibly, both Victor Martinez and Delmon Young are in the lineup today. Martinez strained a ribcage muscle on a home-run swing last night; Young, of course, has been dealing with a strained oblique muscle since Game 5 of the ALDS.
The Rangers are dealing with their own injured slugger. Adrian Beltre, who fouled a couple of balls off his left leg last night, is back in the lineup…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 4
TEXAS RANGERS at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 4:19 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 178
Weather: Rain, 65 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from LF
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
1B Michael Young
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"