Oct 12, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jose Valverde closed out the Tigers' Game 3 victory.
What a performance last night by the Detroit Tigers, who facing a must-win situation and all kinds of injuries seized control of Game 3 of the ALCS and beat the Texas Rangers, 5-2. Can they do it again?
Injuries once again are the story for the Tigers. Incredibly, both Victor Martinez and Delmon Young are in the lineup today. Martinez strained a ribcage muscle on a home-run swing last night; Young, of course, has been dealing with a strained oblique muscle since Game 5 of the ALDS.
The Rangers are dealing with their own injured slugger. Adrian Beltre, who fouled a couple of balls off his left leg last night, is back in the lineup…
AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES – GAME 4
TEXAS RANGERS at DETROIT TIGERS
Where: Comerica Park
Gametime: 4:19 p.m.
Radio: WSPZ (570 AM), XM 178
Weather: Rain, 65 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from LF
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
1B Michael Young
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox